Cherry & Cream Cheese Bundles
- 1/2 17.3 ounce package sheet of Puff Pastry thawed but cold
- 1 cups ½frozen or fresh dark sweet cherries pitted
- cup ½sugar + 2 tablespoons divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- cup ¼cherry jam or preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat preserves, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add cherries, sugar, and flour; toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water, set aside.
- On a floured surface, with a floured rolling pin, roll out pastry sheet until it is a 12” square.
- Cut into 16 equal squares.
- Spoon tablespoon of cream cheese mixture onto each square.
- Place 1-2 cherries onto the cream cheese mixture.
- Using wet fingers, bring all four corners to the center and pinch closed tightly.
- Place onto baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar on top, and bake for 15-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes prior to serving.