Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Blondies
These delicious blondie bars feature that classic Snickerdoodle flavor, but with a healthy twist. These bars are gluten and flour free, yet super easy to whip together. Even the kids couldn't guess that they were made with my secret ingredient: chickpeas.
- 14 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an 8x8-inch pan with foil.
- In a blender or food processor, process chickpeas until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and oil, process until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- Mix dry ingredients into the chickpea mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- Pour chickpea mixture into pan, then top with sugar mixture.
- Bake for 38-40 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool, then cut.
In a medium bowl, whisk the gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together and set aside.